We launched our new cooking class concept, the Flash Demo™, in January to great success. A Flash Demo is a power-packed one-hour cooking demonstration held on Saturdays from 11 a.m. – Noon (and Wednesday morning from 10 – 11 a.m. beginning May 24, when the Overland Park Farmers Market opens their Wednesday markets). They concentrate on one particular recipe, ingredient or technique, and they’re taught by our seasoned chef/instructors. Each Flash Demo is priced at $25 with pre-registration ($30 for walk-ins) and includes tasting and recipes. It is the perfect quick & easy way for busy foodies to learn how to cook. What a great way to spend a morning with plenty of time left to enjoy the day. We have had some awesome topics so far (see below) but we’d like your help to design our summer Flash Demo schedule.
What should we teach, folks?
Let us know what recipe, ingredient or technique you’d like to see featured in a CCKC Flash Demo. We’ll take the very best of the submissions and then ask you to vote on the winning topic. We’ll turn that idea into a Flash Demo – and of course, the person who submitted that idea will be recognized.
Click here to email us your Flash Demo idea today!!
We just released the list of Flash Demos we’ll teach at The Culinary Center of Kansas City in May. Lots of fun stuff…
- Sat, May 6 – Elevate Your Steak!
- Sat, May 13 – Strawberry Pavlova
- Sat, May 20 – Best Damn Grain-Free Muffin Ever
- Wed, May 24 – Got Herb?
- Sat, May 27 – The Beloved Gnocchi
- Wed, May 31 – Carne Asada Tacos
Here are the Flash Demos that we have held so far or have scheduled through the end of April. Send those ideas for ones we should plan for in the future…
- Pie Crust
- Chicken Tagine With Lemon & Olives
- Bad-Ass Street Tacos
- Sexy Vanilla & French Crepes
- Chicken Saltimbocca
- Biscuits & Gravy
- Tortillaria! Real-Deal Handmade Tortillas
- Albóndigas! Tasty Spanish Meatballs
- Sat, Apr 1 – The Rhythm of Risotto
- Sat, Apr 8 – Mad About Mushrooms (There’s A Fungus Among Us!)
- Sat, Apr 15 – Hummus Where The Heart Is
- Sat, Apr 22 – Best Dressed Salads