Here’s one for your “go to” salad dressings file! All Hail The Caesar! You’re welcome.
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 to 4 anchovy fillets, minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 ½ teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Dash of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon warm water, if needed
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
In a salad bowl, add the yolk, mustard, anchovies, garlic, vinegar, juice and sauce. Whisk to combine. Add oil in a slow, steady stream until it is fully incorporated, whisking constantly. (If the dressing gets too thick, add water; then continue until all the oil is added.) Add cheese and continue to blend. Makes 2 cups.
This Caesar Dressing was delicious on our ‘Big Salad’ at Tuesday Lunch this week. We post our weekly menu online by Thursday or Friday for the following week. Hope you can join us next week!