Chef Matthew brought his A-game to the Tuesday Lunch table this week, with some of our favorite food truck fare. NOT having an actual food truck didn’t really stop him either! These chipotle black beans were served with delicious street tacos…
- 1 to 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled, minced
- 3 chipotle peppers in adobo, chopped or pureed
(or more, if you prefer more spice)
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 4 (14.5 ounce) cans black beans, drained
- ¾ cup water
- ½ bunch cilantro, chopped
In a skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onions and sauté for 4 to 5 minutes or until soft. Add garlic and chipotle peppers; cook for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the vinegar and deglaze pan. Add beans and just enough water to prevent scorching. Cover and simmer over lower heat for 10 minutes. Stir in cilantro. Serve warm.
Makes about 2 cups.