Don’t look, Ethel! Are we dating ourselves with that song reference? Maybe so, but our point is that you don’t want your salad to go streakin’ with no dressing. And it just tastes WAY better to have homemade dressing than something from the store in a bottle. The fresh herb flavors will take your salad to a whole new level. Enjoy!
Homemade Ranch Dressing
- 1/4 cup powdered buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons dried minced onions
- 3 tablespoons minced dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon dried minced chives
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
In a bowl or jar which you can cover, add the buttermilk, onions, parsley, chives, salt, garlic powder, celery seed and pepper. Mix well, cover tightly, and refrigerate until ready to use. Makes about 3/4 cup
For a Ranch Dressing variation, combine 1 1/2 tablespoons of herb mix to 1/2 cup milk and 1/2 cup mayonnaise.