What’s A Party Without Chips & Salsa?October 12, 2015
Bring this sweet but spicy salsa to your tailgate, and you’ll be the team MVP. Make it the day before and chill it. Then you just have to break out the chips and salsa on game day!. Enjoy… Go Royals!
Papaya and Black Bean Salsa
- 6 ounces black beans, cooked (or canned, drained well)
- 1 papaya, ripe peeled, cleaned, diced small
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced small
- 1 medium red onion, peeled, diced small
- 2 jalapeños, washed, seeds removed, diced fine
- 1 bunch cilantro, fresh, washed, chopped fine
- 2 teaspoons Mexican oregano
- 2 tablespoons ginger root, fresh, peeled, minced
- 2 ounces olive oil
- 2 ounces lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
In a bowl add beans, papaya, red bell pepper, onion, jalapeños, cilantro, oregano, ginger, oil, juice, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine well. Cover with a sheet of plastic wrap and place in refrigerator to chill well. Serve cold with tortilla chips on the side.
Makes about 5-6 cups.