Take Your Guac Up A NotchOctober 9, 2015
The roasted chile mixture adds a boost of flavor to the creamy guacamole. Enjoy it at your tailgate and… Go Royals!
- 3 poblano chiles (about 12 ounces)
- 1 large jalapeño chile
- 8 tablespoons fresh lime juice, divided
- 1 large plum tomato, seeded and chopped
- 2 small green onions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 2 large ripe avocados, halved, pitted, peeled
- 2/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup (packed) coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper
Char all chiles directly over gas flame or in broiler until blackened on all sides. Enclose in paper bag at least 10 minutes and up to one hour. Peel, seed and finely chop chiles. Mix chiles, 1 tablespoon lime juice, tomato, green onions and lime peel in small bowl.
Purée avocados, onions, cilantro and cumin with remaining seven tablespoons lime juice in food processor until almost smooth. Salt and pepper to taste. Can be made one day ahead.
Spoon avocado mixture into wide, shallow bowl. Spoon chile mixture into center. Serve with tortilla chips.
Makes 6 servings.