Can This Possibly Be HEALTHY?July 23, 2015
Granted, there is a little cheese and butter in our frittata, along with 6 eggs, but look at all the veggies in the recipe! This yummy Roasted Vegetable Frittata, the main event at this week’s Tuesday Lunch, is definitely a mostly-healthy and completely-delicious dish. You can enjoy the taste and feel great about serving it to your family, all at once. Enjoy…
Roasted Vegetable Frittata
- 6 eggs
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup roasted potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup roasted red bell pepper, chopped into 1/2-inch pieces (or grilled)
- 1/4 cup roasted zucchini, chopped into 1/2-inch pieces (or grilled)
- 1/4 cup mushrooms, halved, roasted
- 2 cloves garlic, roasted, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 cup Asiago cheese, grated, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter, unsalted
- 1 small shallot, minced
Preheat the broiler.
In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs and water. Add potatoes, bell peppers, zucchini, mushrooms, garlic, salt and pepper. Fold in 1/4 cup cheese and set aside.
In a large nonstick skillet melt the butter over medium heat. Add the shallots and sauté for 4 minutes. Stir in the egg mixture. Cover and reduce the heat to low and cook for about 10 minutes or until the eggs are almost set. Sprinkle the frittata with the remaining ¼ cup cheese. Place under the broiler and cook for about 3 minutes or until the top is set and starts to brown. Place a large serving plate over the pan and carefully invert to turn out the frittata on to a serving platter. Serve warm.
Makes 4 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 17 minutes