Downtown Dog Day in Overland Park on Saturday was a blast. Not only was it fun to see all the adorable dogs who stopped by The Culinary Center, we were proud to offer a book reading and signing of ‘Gaby Lost & Found’ by award-winning children’s book author Angela Cervantes. Some folks even decorated “Pupcake” dog treats, while others purchased frosted Pupcakes and Doggie Dip treats in our Kitchen Shop.
A doggone good day! (Sorry, couldn’t resist!)
There are several options for how to share the treat with your pooch.
- Freeze them in ice cube trays, then pop them out and let your dog lick or chew them frozen.
- Store them in the fridge in small plastic cups or storage containers, and let them slurp it up in the consistency of yogurt.
- Buy a 4-pack of Doggie Dip treats (or a 6-pack of our Pupcake dog treats!) from our Dinners on Demand freezers!
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 very ripe banana (or a large jar of baby food fruit, any flavor)
- 1 (16 oz.) container vanilla yogurt
- 1 tablespoon whole wheat flour
In a bowl, combine peanut butter and honey. Stir together until well blended, and set aside. In a separate bowl, add yogurt and flour. Stir to combine. Add the fruit mixture to the flour mixture and stir together. Keep cold in refrigerator.
NOTE: You can also use this dip to coat or dip biscuits and treats. Allow treats to chill in refrigerator until coating is set and firm to prevent big messes!